Sunday, February 13, 2011

Haircut

A few weeks ago I took Lily in for a very much needed haircut. I have been putting it off for about 4 months. Daily brushing of the hair has been a constant struggle, but on the other hand I liked it long because when it was brushed and "styled" it was cute. The daily tears won out and after constant threats of "if you don't let me brush it I am cutting it off!" I finally made an appointment. I would have had them give her a cute little bob, but she wasn't used to sitting still in the chair so we just did a straight cut. Maybe next time.
before....
Morning of....Wait for it.....

After!!!! we got about 4 inches cut off. We went through 2 packs of fruit snacks, a sucker, a basket of toys and a Mickey Mouse movie for her to sit still and allow the girl to cut it. Not as bad as I expected. Once she was done she asked if it would turn back to long again like Rapunzel. It looks a little crooked in this pic but it isn't. Daily brushing has gotten better, but it is still a work in progress. She is definitely not a girly girl (not that I ever thought she would be considering her aunt and I can barely figure out how to put on makeup).

No comments: