Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life



To sum up our last six months.....life has been interesting, challenging, fun, sad - I don't know, you name an emotion and we have felt it. I am a mom of a three year old. If you would have asked me 4 days ago about Lily I would have ran screaming in the opposite direction. 3 days ago you would have heard nothing but praise about her. She is a roller coaster that keeps us guessing every minute. Everyone tries to "reassure" us that year 3 is much more challenging than year 2. I am not sure if I am suppose to be relieved that my kid is "normal" or am suppose to be bracing myself for the next 6 months. She is pretty fun though, we now have deep conversations about very important topics : The whereabouts of Mr and Mrs Potato heads bodies, Who is our favorite fairy and whether or not a wild thing could really eat you up. When she was eating her push up yesterday and i pushed up more Popsicle for her she said, "Thank you Popsicle lady."She sings every song that plays on my ipod (Carrie, she can sing a mean chorus to "build me up buttercup") her favorite song is "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys (yes I bought this song on itunes - don't judge me). This song reminds me of visiting the island when I was a kid, going to the bar with my parents, Karl and Katy and cousins, having as many cans of 7up as we could drink, trying to play pool, and playing whatever we wanted on the juke box = happiness. Summer makes me miss the Island the most. I can't wait to be up there again.

4 comments:

Katy Wolfe said...

Thank you for the update. I love your writing and your funny comments, it makes me miss you more and more. Can't wait to see you and Lily.

Joe and Gina said...

I love when Lily sings along with songs. Your Island trip will be here before you know it!

Marnae and Matt said...

Love the new posts. Gonna miss you when you are gone.

Carrie Worthington said...

When I don't read your blog for a few months, and I go back to it, I always say, "why haven't I read this in so long!?" Beautiful words as always Karen.