Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brock Thomas Gaylor

Brock Thomas Gaylor


8 Lbs 9 oz


20 inches


12:45 am


April 13, 2011



He decided that he wasn't going to wait 12 more hours for his scheduled c-section, but he did at least wait long enough to share his birthday with his Uncle Karl. Tuesday night I was putting Lily to sleep at about 10:30. I sat up in the bed and felt what I thought was a huge punch from the little man, then I felt a pop and then I felt the need to go to the bathroom. On my way to the bathroom my water broke. I told Shane what happened and just saw him bolt to the bedroom only to come back fully dressed a few minutes later as I was sitting on the toilet (sorry for the graphic detail, but stuff just kept gushing out!). He looked at me like "what are you waiting for, lets go to the hospital." I told him to calm down, I still needed to pack some stuff, get Lily to sleep and call the hospital to tell them we were coming. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were minutes apart. They asked me if I was going to try to deliver naturally, but after examining me and only being 3 cm I said no way. Lets get this out as long as it is after midnight!
At this time I was asking Shane if he was still a boy.







My guys!







1st bath. He still loves his baths (unlike his big sister)







I am jealous of how tight the nurses can get the swaddle. We kept calling in the nurses to swaddle him. I do a pretty good one now, but still not as good as them!



Big sis meeting her little brother!



snoozing with daddy!



Going home!



1 comment:

Joe and Gina said...

I need to see this little man again before he starts crawling! ;) I bet he's changed so much already.